Since there is merely a sprinkling of snow left on the ground (no complaints), we made crafty snowpeople indoors. I found this idea through Pinterest on the JT Photography site.
MATERIALS FOR EACH SNOWPERSON:
- Toilet paper tube
- White paper, cut to 4 1/2" x 6"
- Pipe cleaner, cut to 4"
- 2 pom poms
- 2 google eyes
- Orange foam sheet or construction paper to cut nose (approximately 1" long and about 1/2" wide at the base)
- Ribbon, cut to 12"
- 3 small buttons (or sequins)
- Cotton balls
- Paper plate or other base (other ideas: repurpose a shoe box, shirt box, or even a cereal box)
- Glue stick, white craft glue, and large glue dots
Apply glue stick to the edges of the paper, line up the toilet paper tube with one short edge, then roll to cover the tube with paper. You may need to add more glue stick to seal the edge. Use scissors to trim the top or bottom, if necessary.
Next cover a paper plate with craft glue.
Place the snowperson in the center, and add cotton balls around it to cover the plate.
We had so much fun making these yesterday, the boys are already asking to make them again today. I guess since it will be an early Spring, we should get all of the winter crafts in now.
I hope you have fun making some snow people. As always, thanks for reading.